|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
Middle East consortium lodges bid for Pompey, reports suggest By Rory McKeown
Published in the News on Sunday 9 September 2012 17:26
A GROUP of Middle East investors have lodged a £12.5m bid to take over Pompey, it has been reported.
An offer letter was sent to Pompey administrator Trevor Birch last week, according to publication Arabian Business.
The documents reportedly show the consortium has deposited AED75.058m into an escrow account on August 30, the website says.
The Pompey Supporters’ Trust may also have a part to play, according to Arabian Business, with the offer letter stating it is welcome to the group buying shares in the club, if interested.
Arabian Business says those behind the consortium wish to remain anonymous in the negotiation process.
Portpin and the trust were originally the only two offers on the table, with Mr Birch giving them a deadline of the end of the week to finalise their deals.