The Pompey Chimes

The Pompey Chimes. Portsmouth Football Club Fans. Play up Pompey!

Forums

Forum Home > Transfer News > Hayden Mullins set for Reading

Pompeyexile
Site Owner

March 10, 2012

Hayden Mullins is edging close to a Pompey exit.

The Pompey midfielder is in talks with Reading over a move to the Blues’ Championship rivals.

He is looking increasingly likely to follow Stephen Henderson out of the door, with the keeper set to join West Ham.

Michael Appleton admitted Mullins was left out of the squad at Brighton today with his manager concerned that his mind would not be on the game.

He said: ‘I left Hayden out because there’s an opportunity for him to speak to a club over the weekend.

‘I didn’t want him getting too mixed up with what was going on off the field, so I gave him a breather.

‘Stephen is at West Ham for a medical. It’s a loan with a view to a permanent.’

Appleton was left frustrated by the 2-0 defeat at Brighton - and though his men warranted a return from the game.

He said: ‘It looked like a 0-0 draw all the way.’

Meanwhile, Birch was unsure why Hayden Mullins was also not in Michael Appleton’s squad for today’s clash.

Reportedly a Reading target, the midfielder had previously started all 36 of Pompey’s matches this season.

Birch added: ‘I really don’t know why Hayden Mullins is not in the squad.’

However, Michael Appleton has now confirmed that Mullins is likely to be the next to leave Pompey and that his ‘head was not right’ for today’s match.

--

March 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pompeyexile
Site Owner

12 March 2012 from the Mail

Reading expected to sign local lad Mullins on loan ahead of permanent deal

Reading have enquired about Portsmouth's Hayden Mullins, 32.

The midfielder is expected to sign on loan ahead of a permanent deal.

Mullins was born in the Berkshire town.

Experienced: Mullins (left) has had spells at West Ham, Crystal Palace and Pompey

--

March 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pompeyexile
Site Owner

March 15, 2012

Mullins and Henderson finally wave goodbye to Pompey (report here)

--

March 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.